Monday, July 29, 2013



I am absolutely addicted to finding those hard to find headstones, fulfilling photo requests from Find A Grave, losing weight while walking mile after mile, etc.  I am just having a blast exploring the cemeteries in the area.  Some say its weird. I do not care.  Here are more pics :)

Butternut Ridge Cemetery in North Olmsted.

The next few pictures capture one of my favorite "headstones".  It's a broken tree monument for the Rice family.  The Rices had five children.  Their longest living child only lived about 7 years.  It's a beautiful monument.





Random shots.....


 There are quite a few hidden graves.  However, this is a well kept cemetery.  I met a man there once named Samuel Porter (I think I have that name right).  Very nice elderly man who researched the entire cemetery. He unearthed a few buried headstones as well.  I believe the cemetery would not be in such great shape if not for this man.  I haven't seen him in two years.  I hope he is well.


The next few pics have a weird story behind them.  Apparently Ms. Stearns had a premature baby girl, named Emily Helen.  Emily died a few days after she was born.  Months later, it is said Sabra dug up her baby, and re-dressed her in a different dress, with her husband Elroy and her stepdaughter in tow.  






The following headstone has two really deep poems on it.  Wow...



More random shots





 The next few are of deer at Riverside.  I took a bunch.  They were not afraid...










No comments:

Post a Comment